Sometimes if you wish to clean-up your database it is necessary to delete a batch of candidates all of whom were created or added to the database within a selected date range.
This is possible by running a SEARCH to identify all these candidates, then updating their status to "DEL" (marked for Deletion).
It is then possible to run the tool to remove records marked for deletion.
An example procedure is described below. To preform this process you will need to be logged in as your database administrator (ADM) UserID.
The basic process is:
- Run a search for all candidates with a status of PLACED, which were created in a date range, and mark them with an "X"
- Run the same search again, but this time for ALL candidates, irrespective of status, and mark all if these with a "Tick"
- Use the 'Set Values' function to change the status of all the "ticked" candidates to DEL ( Marked for deletion)
- Finally go into Tools, and use the option 'Delete records by Status' to remove all the records which were set to the status 'DEL'.
Detailed description of example
1) Go to SEARCHING > CANDIDATES and then click [NEW] to start a new candidate search. Once the search opens on the 'Normal' tab and set the status to "Placed".
Then choose the 'Enhanced' page.
2) On the enhanced page, enter two criteria to specify the date range you wish to search for, e.g. you may want to find candidates added between 01/01/2015 - 31/12/2015 so enter criteria as below.
1) CRDT Creation Date GE AND 01/01/2015
2) CRDT Creation Date LE AND 31/12/2015
Logic Line: [1&2 ]
This 'logic line' tells the system to use criteria one <AND> two. (Example shown below)
3) Once they system has found all the PLACED status candidates, use the button at the left of the 'Normal' tab to mark all candidates with an X ( [X all] )
4) Repeat the above, steps (1-3) but this time look for all statuses and when the results come back mark them all with a tick not a cross.
5) Now choose the 'Set Values' tab within the search. (You will only see this tab if you are logged in as the UserID "ADM" ). On this page click the [Advanced] button and then enter the password*.
6) You will then be presented with a list of fields. Scroll down to the Status field and click on this. When prompted set the value to DEL.
7) Once you have set the statuses, you will need to choose the option Maintenance > Tools > Delete Record by Status. Once the option has opened, select 'Candidates' and Status of 'Del' - this will then delete/remove these candidates from the system.