How to auto-redirect your e-mails in Outlook 2003
Within Outlook it is possible to automatically redirect (or forward) your inbound e-mails to another e-mail address. This can be particularly useful if your smartphone has its own e-mail address (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org) or if you would like to duplicate your e-mails to a colleague.
- The first step is to ensure that the e-mail address you would like to auto-direct your e-mails to is added as a Contact in Outlook.
- Once the Contact is created click into your Inbox
- Then click Tools > Rules and Alerts
- Click ‘New Rule’
- Highlight ‘Check messages when they arrive’
- Click Next
- Ensure no boxes are checked, and click Next
- Answer ‘Yes’ to the warning
- In the top part of the window select ‘Redirect it to people or distribution list’
10. In the lower part of the window click the link titled ‘People or distribution list’
11. Under the Address Book drop down menu select your Contacts and find the contact you wish to redirect your e-mails to. Then click OK.
12. Click Next
13. Ensure no boxes are checked, and click Next
14. Ensure ‘Turn on this rule’ is checked and click Finish.
15. Click OK
[Keywords: Auto-redirect, Emials, Outlook 2003]